Monday, September 3, 2012

Altered Frame - "A Vintage Little One"

Let me just go on the record to say that I should be married to Graphic 45. Well, at least dating it..LOL. I'm madly in love with their paper. I love the vintage feel to ever piece of paper they make. I have lot of this collection and love playing with it. I used the "Little Darlings" collection on this frame. I was digging around in my stash and came across some of the pink paper in this collection and had to play with it some how.  Then I eyed a Dollar Tree frame that I had that would go perfect with the images that were flying around in my head. 


I love creating in front of my Ustream fans. They help motivate me to play around like this and have fun. They will keep me going for hours. I could sit and create for them all day if I had the time! 

The frame I used is from the Dollar Tree. These are adorable little frames and they have many styles to choose from too. People often walk by these frames and say ewww...that looks cheap. Well, give it to me and I will bring it to life and have people saying wow...that looks pretty. Don't ever judge a frame by its cover..LOL. 


While you are at the Dollar Tree walk on by their floral section. The ferns that are sticking out on the side of the flower sprays are from Dollar Tree too. You get a lot on one stem. They make great fillers in your projects. I love using the ferns in my vintage projects. We have some Victorian homes in Norfolk, VA that have lots of ferns hanging from them. I love that look of them hanging from the large front porches. 


On this frame I used Petaloo flowers, which is another favorite of mine. They are nice to me and allow me to purchase wholesale from them for my kits for my classes. Unlike some others that I dare not to mention! I love the velvet mini blossoms that they carry. It's a nice mix of flowers and they are great for adding that different texture to your sprays. Of course I make paper flowers too so I added a few to the frame. I actually have a tutorial on one of the flowers that are on this frame. You can find in on my YouTube Channel. It's called the Ruffled Roses using your McGill scallop punches. It's a very easy tut. 


I love using a mixture of things to add to my sprays. Buttons are my favorite to use. Sometimes I will add them to the centers of flowers and I will tuck them in between the spaces in my sprays.


I also used some Spellbinders on this project. The mix foliage dies and the "label four" Nestabilities. Love Spellbinders, they have all types of awesome dies to create with. 

Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekend! Don;t forget to join my crowd on UStream so the next time I do a random show like this you will be notified!
Enjoy your holiday!
((HUGS))
Anna


3 comments:

  1. Es una magnifica combinacion Grafico-45 y tus preciosas flores y detalles.
    Una maravilla!!!.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely beautiful! Love how elegant the frame looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO OVER THE TOP GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE the beautiful beautiful goodness on this creation!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete